Monday, 18 February 2013

Too Big Not To Fail? by John Andrews / February 17th, 2013

http://dissidentvoice.org/2013/02/too-big-not-to-fail/

'I recently started to have an interesting conversation with David Cromwell, author of “Private Planet” and “Why are we the good guys?”, and co-editor of the superb British website Media Lens. I had just finished reading his latest excellent book (good guys) and wanted to congratulate him on his efforts. I also had a couple of points I wanted to discuss with him, one of which concerned a chapter titled “Global Climate Crime”.
The chapter is about the very serious issue of the effects of human beings upon global climate. David concludes the chapter with a section headed “The Eightfold Nay: The Great Unmentionables of Climate Coverage.” He introduces the Eightfold Nay (an eight-point list) with these words:  [H]ere are eight key issues [about climate crime] that are not being discussed at length by ‘mainstream’ politicians, academics and the media:”
I don’t disagree with any of the eight points listed. What I wanted to raise with David was something that was not on his list – something which, as far as I’m concerned, not only deserved to be there, it should have headed it: the issue of human overpopulation.'

read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment